Houzz bills itself as "the new way to design your home" and it's a fantastic resource for anyone interested in building, renovating or decorating their dream house. Brilliant Lighting has been writing for Houzz since the launch of the UK site in 2014 and we were delighted to win a Best of Houzz 2015 Design Award.
What is challenging and interesting about writing for Houzz is that contributors have to use a wider range of photographs than their own work. It's a great prompt to look wider for great stories and inspiration. The news feed below will bring you the latest and best from Houzz updated every few days.
- How to Avoid an Extension That’s Too Hot and Too Bright (12 photos)
- Houzz Tour: A Palette of White and Wood Freshens a City Flat (15 photos)
- Kevin McCloud Shares a Surprisingly Simple Eco Home Solution (6 photos)
- 16 Ways to Work a Dreamy Kitchen Splashback Window (16 photos)
- Room Tour: A Victorian Villa’s Sensitive Yet Edgy Extension (20 photos)
- How to Design a Home That Boosts Wellbeing (8 photos)
- Houzz Tour: A Rejig Gives a Family More Room Without Extending (16 photos)
- The Unexpected Colour That’s Cropping Up in Bathrooms Everywhere (11 photos)
- 8 Design Trends from Italy’s Bathroom Fair (26 photos)
- Can Affordable Housing be Designed to Support Our Wellbeing? (4 photos)