Houzz bills itself as "the new way to design your home" and it's a fantastic resource for anyone interested in building, renovating or decorating their dream house. Brilliant Lighting has been writing for Houzz since the launch of the UK site in 2014 and we were delighted to win a Best of Houzz 2015 Design Award.
What is challenging and interesting about writing for Houzz is that contributors have to use a wider range of photographs than their own work. It's a great prompt to look wider for great stories and inspiration. The news feed below will bring you the latest and best from Houzz updated every few days.
- Could a New Bauhaus Initiative Make Buildings More Sustainable? (18 photos)
- 24 Smart Front Doors That Create a Good First Impression (24 photos)
- 4 Ways to Be a Good Mentor (4 photos)
- Visit an Architect’s Colour-happy Contemporary Home (one photo)
- How to Sympathetically Design a Period Hallway (10 photos)
- A Beginner’s Guide to Creating a Lush Living Wall in Your Garden (11 photos)
- Houzz Tour: A Restored Period Home With a Stunning Rear Extension (19 photos)
- 9 Outdoor Living Essentials to Make the Most of Summer (10 photos)
- 4 Easy Ways to Convince Clients Your Pricing is Fair (4 photos)
- 23 Ways to Work This Year’s Most-wanted Garden Chair (23 photos)